Pros and Cons of the Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch
The Pros and Cons of Owning at the Ritz Carlton
Here are pros and a couple of cons about owning at the Ritz Carlton.
- The Ritz Carlton has the Bachelor of Gold Spa. It's a Forbes four star, 21,000 plus square foot spa and fitness center. It has a grotto downstairs that. Both adults and kids alike enjoy using it.
- There is Bachelor's Gulch Express, which is a high speed quad that is just steps from the back door of the Ritz Carlton.
- There is Beaver Creek Sports the premium in-house ski and snowboard outfitter. They offer both sales and rentals for guests.
- There is a year round heated pool that just stays open, whether it's January or July, and has big hot tubs.
- They have a ski concierge here in the wintertime, so you come downstairs, you call for your skis, and you're ready to go. They have a 33,000 square indoor and outdoor meeting space for everything from conventions to weddings to bar mitzvahs, etc.
- They also have 24 hour room service and valet parking. When you're a Ritz Carlton owner, everything is done for you.
- Also, there are two golf courses and clubhouses at the Red Sky Golf Club that has absolutely breathtaking views at Red Sky Ranch.
- The Ritz Carlton is kid friendly as well as pet friendly. They have a program that's what called Ritz Kids with family friendly activities all year round.
- There is a smore station where kids and parents can come and grab all the fixings, including spears, chocolate, graham crackers and marshmallows. Enjoy them by the outside open fire pit.
- This Bachelor of Gulch Express is incredibly convenient with its ski in, ski out. It is centrally located to Beaver Creek. You can ski west over into the Arrowhead area and ski that all morning. Or you can head East and go into Beaver Creek and the very famous cross mountain, which is home to, of course, our birds of prey downhill.
- Once you arrive to the Ritz Carlton, we have a shuttle service that no matter where you want to go, if you want to go for dinner, if you want to go for retail shopping, if you want to go for drinks, if you'd like to go and take the kids ice skating, the shuttle will take you there.
- The rooms at the Ritz Carlton were just redone in their entirety. There are all new couches, armchairs, dining room tables, dining room chairs, 65 inch TVs, luxury Egyptian linens and beddings. New coffee tea stations were added. Plus all new robes and soft goods. There are 68 rooms that have fireplaces. There are 82 suites that offer balconies, and 32 of those, all of those offer both fireplaces and balconies. So if you rent your two bedroom residents, for instance, expect yearly income, gross yearly income to exceed 200,000. If you have a three bedroom exceed $300,000 all day long, and that is even with you using the property.
- The HOA is expensive. On a two bedroom residence, the HOA alone is about $55,000 a year. Plus taxes on top of that, so it does get a little pricey. How do you offset? You put it in the rental program.
- It can be very busy during Christmas and the holidays, the high holidays like Martin Luther King and President’s week. Restaurants and bars can be packed. Plus, spas can be incredibly challenging to get services from. Patience is going to be required.
- The dining experience is also very, very expensive. Expect to spend. 40 to $50 just feeding your child a burger or a hotdog with french fries, for example.